Hair loss characterized by predominantly loosing hair on the head, development and expansion of bald patches or regions on the head and thinning of hair in women is a condition that many have sought and continue to seek treatment for. One of the most effective treatment available is the ayurvedic treatment for hair loss at home.
Causes of Hair Loss
The causes of hair loss are diverse. They include:
- Lack of adequate nutrition.
- Vitamin B6 and folic acid deficiency.
- Chemotherapy and adverse effects of conventional medical practices.
- Genetic factors; amongst others.
Ayurveda is an ancient practice of medicine whose effectiveness in tackling diseases has earned it a staple position in the list of the world’s leading forms of medical practices. The explanations provided by Ayurveda for hair loss include, excess exposure to unfavorable conditions like sunlight and dust, excess sweating, anxiety, poor nutrition, amongst others.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss at Home
Because Ayurveda encourages the use of natural herbs, oils and principles of good living to rid oneself from diseases, natural remedies can be prepared by using easily accessible materials or ingredients. These remedies or solutions are very effective at curbing an illness, and provide the first line of combating disease processes. There is an extensive literature on easy-to-prepare natural home-made solutions that can treat hair loss. The most effective of them are listed below:
Curry leaves apart from improving the flavor of food are known in ayurvedic treatment of hair loss at home to be very effective. It is not used singly, but can be used with a variety of condiments to increase its efficiency at ayurvedic treatment of hair loss. These include:
- Lemon peel.
- Soap nut.
- Fenugreek seeds.
- Green gram.
- Take a number of curry leaves (15-20 will do) and place them in a container.
- Add 1 lemon peel to the curry leaves.
- To the above ingredients, add 3 tablespoons of soap nut powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds to the container.
- Finally, add 2 tablespoons of green gram.
- After adding these ingredients, grind the constituents into a paste-like treatment solution.
- This paste-like natural home-made remedy should be used as a shampoo.
- Alternatively, you can take 1 cup of curry leaves and grind them.
- To this, add 1 cup of buttermilk.
- After mixing the ground curry powder with buttermilk thoroughly, apply the solution to the hair for 1 hour.
- After this, wash the hair with an herbal shampoo.
- For method 1, do not use another shampoo while using the treatment solution developed.
- Ensure that you evenly spread the solution over the whole of your scalp
Indian Gooseberry for hair is very effective in Ayurvedic treatment of hair loss at home. This is improved by the use of other ingredients to bring about faster changes and longer-lasting results. These are:
- Sesame seed.
- Coconut oil.
- Get the powdered form of Indian gooseberry.
- Mix proportionate amounts of powdered Indian gooseberry and sesame seeds.
- Ingest 1 teaspoon of this mixture with water twice a day.
- Heat cut-out pieces of about 4 Indian gooseberries in 250 milliliters of coconut oil.
- Continue heating until the Indian gooseberries have changed their color to dark brown or black.
- Apply and massage this solution on the scalp three times a week.
Other Home Remedies for Ayurvedic Treatment for Hair Loss at Home
Margosa leaves juice extract, olive oil, cinnamon powder, henna leaves and mustard seed oil are other ingredients which can be used to prepare herbal remedies for treating hair loss at home. These ingredients are noted for their high concentration of protein, magnesium, calcium and anti-oxidants, amongst other necessary elements that combat hair loss. Aside home remedies, it is also important to be on a proper diet and perform activities that relieve stress and keep you relaxed for very effective ayurvedic treatment for hair loss at home.